Gabriel

Today, our baby boy, was the day you were due. We hadn't invested much in this date, indeed only 5 people knew about it. But today, we remember. We remember the life that was, and then just as suddenly was not. We remember what was supposed to be. We joyfully announced your conception and we sorrowfully announced your birth. People will remember your birthday next December, but today: today is a day that only your daddy and I will mark, a day of wishes and dreams. In the here and now, we remember what was and is, and what should have been.

Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea. I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband. And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, "Now the dwelling of God is with men, and he will live with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away."
He who was seated on the throne said, "I am making everything new!" Then he said, "Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true."
He said to me: "It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To him who is thirsty I will give to drink without cost from the spring of the water of life. He who overcomes will inherit all this, and I will be his God and he will be my son.


Revelation 21: 1-7


Until heaven little one, and then forever

Mummy and Daddy.