Saturday Quotes

Imagine if every Thursday your shoes exploded if you tied them the usual way. This happens to us all the time with computers, and nobody thinks of complaining

Jeff Raskin, interviewed in Doctor Dobb's Journal

The computer was not fixed. I have a new hard drive, and will have to find time to take everything off the old one. Half of my drivers were missing, and my resolution is absolutely bizzare, but I can finally connect to the internet, and I have email.

Perhaps the most astonishing thing, as I am $200 or thereabouts into this whole fiasco, is that I find myself saying, over and over, "at least my data isn't gone".

My computer exploded on Thursday, and I am thankful for the priveledge of being able to install my own hard drive. That's something, Mr. Gates.

(and no, Mac users, smugly pointing out that your Mac is better isn't going to help. And if you do, I will become very cross and might delete your comment. I've had enough of that, thanks.)