The Toby Award

The History:
Given to those who perform silent but heroic acts. Those that would never think of praising themselves. People who probably don't even realize how remarkable their actions are. Those who work hard to make the world a better kind of place, just by virtue of who they are and the decisions they make. For those who are much like Sir Toby, always willing to beat up their brother around your feet, at 3 am.


The Nominee:
From Martha at a Sense of Humour is Essential, this week's nominee is Lori at Weebles Weblog.

I have to confess, I loved the term "adoption midwife". I thought that was such a profound way to express the passion that is close to Lori's heart. It takes a special kind of person to help a baby start growing in your heart and mind, and not just your body. There is no one I have met who is more passionate about adoption.

Martha also mentioned her Perfect Moment Monday's. I always check them out, I find it so, gratifying? to remember how much I have, and how lucky I am, and some days, especially Monday's, I think we can all use all the help we can get!

Ladies and gentlemen, if you would join me in raising your glass. Abundance is a state of mind, and Lori has it in spades. Out of that state of mind, she shares so much.

To Lori.


Nominations:
Got someone who deserves a Toby? Send me an email explaining why - it can be short, and I'll happily write it up.