This Post Will Not Have Home Renovation Pictures

The deck is painted and the furniture is back, and Mr. Spit helpfully pressure washed the front porch. The concrete is removed, and we have a rubble strewn path to dig up, lay down gravel and sand, and then pavers, also a raised flower bed to dismantle. Eventually, I think this summer, we will be replacing our fence in the front.

You can see those photo's when the work is done, in early September. (I know, we are mean that way)

I have a bigger problem today.

I have been looking at fridges, enviously, for a while. I stop in stores, and I open the doors, and I pull out the freezer on the bottom, and I debate drawer-style or door-style freezers. I look at the adjustable shelving, and when I see a fruit and vegetable crisper, I cannot tell a lie, I swoon a bit. I debate 2 door and 1 door fridges, and I absolutely do not want a water dispenser or an ice maker. I don't want stainless steel, which would look like lipstick on a pig in my old house, and I can't decide between white or black. I know that I want the space to put eggs in, you know with the cups, but very few fridges have them any more. I look at the adjustable shelving, and a little shiver runs down my spine, and I giggle a bit, to myself. I know what space I have to work in, and what size I can be. I tell no lie, every time I try to cram my groceries into the inferior fridge I own, the resentment wells up in me.

I have looked at websites, determining what I want, and energy costs, and I have been surprised to discover that your fridge is probably your biggest energy guzzler. My fridge, that is at least 20 years old, and has a "problem" with smells, while it freezes vegetables randomly; this fridge is guzzling energy from my budget. It will not only make me happier, it will help save the planet to replace it. After all Mrs. Spit, think of the cute penguins in Antarctica, right?

I have been on, not so much a campaign as a barnstorm, to get a new fridge, looking at prices and budgets, and I have established that fridges go on sale in August and January. (We can't afford a fridge in August, just in case you were wondering). But, we are putting money away. Maybe January, probably January. And in the interim, I look at them. I can see myself getting guests cream from my new fridge, in my blue dress, with an apron, and black high heels, with a lovely string of pearls around my neck. (and the lack of blue dress, an apron, or a string of pearls, does not send me into worry, I merely brush this aside, a new fridge will solve a multitude of sins)

The oven died today.

Oh, we have tried to pretend it wasn't a problem, I have ignored erratic temperatures, and the entire Spaghetti Sauce repair bill, but no. 90 minutes after I had turned it on, it managed to achieve the princely temperature of 215 degrees F. Since I didn't 3 hours to cook dinner, we came up with plan B. And no, I'm not going to call the repair man again, because it's just not worth the minimum $200 cost, plus what ever he needs to fix it.

The oven heard we were looking at fridges, and it died today.

(Good-bye fair fridge. How I would have loved thee.)

Hello new oven, including the cost of a gas fitter, because I will not have another blinking electric stove in my life time.

I shall set my face as iron when I go to Sears tomorrow, looking at the . . .

Stoves.